This technique of spiritual cleansing using an egg is connected to many different cultures and traditions because the egg has long been regarded as a symbol of life, the connotation being that it takes on energy. When using the egg you are essentially going through the aura and body, pinpointing specific areas if necessary. Allowing the egg's sponge-like properties to absorb the energy.
The egg traps the energy. The negativity transfers from you, to the egg.
Think about this when choosing where you buy your eggs… because even when they aren’t being used in a spiritual cleansing session, eggs can take on negative vibrations!
To perform an egg cleansing on yourself there are two suggested ways you can do it. Either in combination with a spiritual bath, or on its own.
1. Start with a fresh egg. Wash the egg in a bath of salt water and lemon juice before you begin.
2. Breathe deeply and relax. Say a prayer to whatever high power you wish. Ask for their assistance and blessing. Imagine the egg being touched by their presence.
3. Hold the egg in your dominant hand and begin rubbing it over your body. You can either touch your body, or hold it a few inches above the surface.
4. Begin at the head, working down to the eyes, the throat, the heart area, the shoulders, down the left (or right) arm and touching the palm.
5. Switch hands here and run the egg down the right (or left) arm and touching the palm. Then switch back.
6. Work the egg down the torso, to the navel, and the groin, down each leg, stopping at the feet and touching the soles.
7. If you have a specific area that is in pain, or is affected, hold the egg there for a few minutes.
8. Seal the aura with a protective oil such as bergamot, pine, sandalwood or vetiver. Dilute this in olive oil and rub over the body.
9. Now, if you are NOT taking a cleansing bath. Dispose of the egg by breaking it in the toilet and flushing it. Then dump a cup of salt and lemon juice down the toilet. Or throw the egg into a running stream. Or near a tree off of the property where you reside.
10. If you are taking a cleansing bath... Leave the egg in the tub while you soak. Allow it to absorb more stray energy as you relax and unwind.
11. When you are finished with your cleansing bath, follow steps 8 and
Hold the egg at the base of the head, where the skull and the spine meet. This is one of our most receptive areas. Energy tends to enter here. This will help remove any strong attachments. Think of the egg as you would a sage smudge and “sweep” through the aura. Some energies are like parasites - so this allows the egg to pull everything out!
Sleep with an egg under your bed, either in a cup of water, or in a bowl of sand. The egg will absorb negative energy from your aura, and the room while you sleep. This can help with nightmares as well. Dispose of the egg every few days!
You can break the egg into a bowl of water after you’ve done the initial cleansing and look at the yoke. Make sure to let the egg yolk settle in the water. If you are skilled at this you can determine how the cleansing fared by the shapes that are formed. Much like tea leaf reading.
Bubbles and globs mean the energy was absorbed. This is typical.
Strings can mean that a more deliberate energy was pulled from the aura.
Black dots or blood mean that something major was pulled from the aura... or illness was removed. Repeat the process again.
If the egg cracks... Repeat the process. Focus on the area of the body where the egg was when cracked.
DO NOT GET STUCK ON THIS!
All that matters is the act of rubbing the egg over your body and disposing of it… Do the technique again if you feel you need more results. Do what resonates!